180+ Cats Reportedly Hoarded and Denied Medical Care Deserve Justice

Target: Hon. Brian E. Lewis, Sheriff, Kent County, DE

Goal: Protect the lives of cats, dogs, and other household pets by mandating counseling for woman who hoarded over 180 animals.

Over 184 cats and one dog were seized from “deplorable” conditions in a Delaware home after they were allegedly hoarded and denied basic medical attention. The woman accused of this cruelty must not only face charges, but should be given mandated counseling to ensure that no future animals are subjected to such harm.

Linda Favre, the homeowner, was arrested and charged on 19 counts, including animal cruelty, after the animals were discovered. Three cats were dead or have since died, reportedly due to their mistreatment. Authorities say the animals were suffering from malnourishment, fleas, and infection.

Favre must be held accountable for her alleged crimes, but she also must face mental health counseling and support to address her hoarding issues. Punishing her for her crimes may not stop them from occurring again, but addressing the motives behind her crimes may spare other animals from similar fates. Sign the petition to demand that the animals get the justice they deserve and Favre gets the counseling she needs.

PETITION LETTER:

Dear Sheriff Lewis,

Over 180 animals were seized from a home in your county, from what authorities have described as “deplorable” conditions. This is the largest case of animal hoarding in your state. Linda Favre, the woman accused of this cruelty, must be held accountable.

One way to ensure this tragic event does not happen again is by mandating Favre to counseling. She needs help to stop her proclivity for hoarding. I ask that you not only hold Favre responsible but also ensure she gets the help she needs. That is the only way to find justice for these mistreated animals.

Photo Credit: Anna Frodesiak

FacebookCare2 NewsTwitterEmailShare

1. Those poor kitties. Throw the book at her!😡

2. Fucking old phsycho bitch…

3. Mental illness is a terrible thing. Praying she AND the animals will get the care and treatment they need.

• This is nothing to do with mental illness, this is hoarding and animal abuse, its time that this pathologising of anti social behaviour came to a stop.
      What good will councilling do when these characters aren’t ill, they should be taught that what their hoarding is animal cruelty. I would fine them or give custodial sentences

4. Ralph Sporck says:

She should never be allowed to have animals again.

• I will not sign this petition as I believe people start out with good intentions and quickly become overwhelmed. No doubt this woman suffers from some type of mental disability. One can only hope she gets the therapy she so needs as Alcoholics and Drug Addicts do.

• You will not sign a petition that asks that she is ordered to counseling? IF it is a mental illness, which I have my doubts about because there are tons of people with mental illness who would never do such a thing (I think it’s a defect in one’s soul) then counseling may help her. I still signed because it’s better than her getting a measly fine.

• Your comment makes the most sense.

• Eileen Bennett says:

Totally agree with you. Lock this heartless bitch up and while she is there then give her counseling. My heart breaks for these poor babies.

• Amen, I have Bipolar Disorder and I’ve kept cats for nearly forty years, despite illness I’ve cared for them and never been reported for cruelty. My pets are therapeutic so it’s a mutual benefit, they have been a lifeline. I know countless others like me, hoarding is a crime.

• Janice we can understand your empathy for HER but what about the EMPATHY AND COMPASSION for the innocent cats???
        This situation didn’t happen overnight…this situation took months and months…they suffered horribly.
        Ralph is right.
        Other humans had to be aware that something was way off with this human.
        ALWAYS Call Someone on anything that doesn’t seem right.

5. Darlene Roepke says:

How could anyone do such a horrific act of abuse and torture, because that’s what it is. She needs more than mental counseling, she needs to spend some time in a correctional facility, and for a long time to let her experience what it’s like to live in a horrible place, that is what she desperately deserves. After some lengthy time on the inside, make sure she gets one hell of a huge fine. People like this make me sick, what a horrible life for an innocent animal.

• She would be treated better in prison than those poor cats were though. They should have prisons for animal abusers that replicate the exact environment and treatment that the abuser put the animals through. That would be justice.

6. A photo of the poor cats perching on cage wires not even a damn blanket makes me sick. Mental or no mental she needs either help or punishment, please get these cats loving homes!

7. Linda favre should face Felony charges!!! Two animals died due to her neglect!!
    Mental counceling wont do it..she needs to be banned from ever going near any animal and given a legnthy prison time!
    If she walks free, I hope an animal vigilante will find Linda Favre in DE and do to her what she really deserves!

8. Anne-Mari Gavin says:

ALL ABUSERS AND SELLERS. NO PRISON PLEASE THEY ARE A BURDEN TO THE TAXPAYERS IN PRISONS..
    OR DONT YOU PEOPLE KNOW THAT!!!!! FEED THEM TO CROCS, LIONS OR SHARKS. GET RID OF THEM…LET THE ANIMALS SORT THEM OUT. ONLY WAY WE WILL EVER STOP THIS CRIME ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!

9. Pamela Smith says:

And IF this woman has mental illness, I’m certain SOMEONE (family or friends) knew about it and what she was doing!!! How the 🤬 did it get to THAT point???!!! Why would they allow her to do something like that and not intervene!! She definitely needs punishment and NEVER be allowed to possess any animal again!!

10. please rescue these poor cats. Please don’t abuse or kill innocent poor cats.
    And she shouldn’t have animals. Never ever again!!!

11. This is one of the few cases I’ve seen through these petitions where psychiatric counseling is necessary. This is not a normal abuse case. I doubt if her intention was to abuse these poor animals. She probably needs to be institutionalized to begin serious therapy. When released she needs to be monitored. Fines and incarceration without significant therapy will be useless.

12. Mechthild Schoeberl says:

To me it is meanest behavior not to take them to a Vet for medical treatment !
    No excuse for mental illness ! Lock her up !
    I never heard of such a hoarding !

13. Christine Nuttall says:

She doesnt need counciling she needs jail time and she should never be allowed to own another animal. Stupid cow!!!

14. I know that hoarding is a “mental” disease. There are reasons why people hoard. Should animals go through this? Absolutely NOT but the hoarders do need help. They think they are helping not harming. People who hoard don’t want to get rid of things. They love their things and try to hang onto them even if it plain “garbage”. They hoard animals because they think they are helping the animals stay off the street but get inundated. Obviously this is disheartening for those poor animals. I hope this never happens again.

15. Dale Mellis says:

These poor cats need justice for what they’ve gone through.

16. Rena Van Steele says:

Oh for god’s sake people!!!! ABUSE IS ABUSE!! AND I’M SICK OF IT AND THE LACK OF OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN. POOR POOR POOR WOMEN. ANYONE NOTICE HER FACE IS NOWHERE?? OF COURSE WE PROTECT THE GUILTY,..NOTHING NEW HERE. And cases that are all claiming sickness as an excuse and is used an a get out of jail free card. EXCUSES LIKE,…I HAD A FLUE,…I BROKE UP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND. I WAS REJECTED BY A WOMAN AND ON AND ON…..
    I KNOW,..SAT THROUGH MANY (.0000025% that get even prosecuted:the rest go scott free to do it all again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN), NOTHING….I am sick with disgust at our judicial system for their ABSOLUTE FAILURE NOT EVEN TO HAVE LAWS (SO ARCHAIC AND OUTDATED IT’S PATHETIC: AUTHORITIES…OUR JUDGES, POLICE …….DON’T CARE AND THE SOONER WE REALIZE THIS,…THERE MAY,…JUST MAY BE SOME CHANGE BUT AFTER 40 YEARS OF THIS CRAP,..AND CHANGE THE FREAKING SYSTEM. IT’S NOT WORKING FOR OVER 100 YEARS NOW,…WHY THE HELL KEEP TO THE SAME NONACTIONS AND PROSECUTE THESE THINGS.
    .I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH AT ALL IN OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM. ACTUALLY CONDONING IT ……………AS THERE IS NO PUNISHMENT,..NO PROSECUTION,..NO JUCTICE,…NO ACCOUNTABILITY,…NO FOLLOW UP ON THESE MONSTERS WHO ABUSE THE WEAK AND INNOCENT AND NON SPEAKING. which is a crock of garbage. If a sick and vile person who was abused of a crime,…let’s say,..a little rape and dismemberment,..commits a crime,….DOES HE/SHE GO TO JAIL???? YES THEY DO!!!!! Yes some get help but I’D LIKE TO KNOW,….HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN? WHERE ARE HIS SICK WOMEN’S FAMILY, FRIENDS,..SURELY SOMEONE KNOWS,…AND DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING. This makes me very angry as well and the people who watched this,(over how long a time),..and did absolutely nothing…..BE ACCOUNTABLE AND CHARGED WITH ABEDING A CRIME. As for the torturer of these innocent animals………….PUT HER THE FUCK IN JAIL,…..AND GET HER A DOCTOR AS SHE CLEARLY……..DOES NOT BELONG IN SOCIETY.

17. Michelle Stewart says:

Only charged with 19 counts of cruelty? She must be charged with 190 counts. 1 charge for every animal. She must be banned for life of being able to have any more animals. Not even a fish. She must serve prison time and get psychiatric help. Then have regular housing checks to make sure she has no more animals, so this never happens again.

18. Ashamed to be human says:

Mental illness or not, that woman deserves the harshest punishment possible for the suffering she caused.

19. quinten putnam says:

My thoughts are with these innocent little babies, I hope they will all find loving homes and that they lead beautiful happy lives!!!