Cats Baited With Fish Hooks Deserve Justice

Target: Stefanie A. Salavantis, District Attorney for Luzerne County, Pennsylvania

Goal: Punish the person who used baited fish hooks to trap stray cats.

A stray cat nearly died after he was trapped with a baited fish hook. At least two more cats are still out there suffering. Demand justice in this case.

“This bastard used hooks. He fed them hooks. Omg.” These words began a post on the Happy Hearts and Tails Safe Haven Animal Rescue Facebook page. Included was a horrifying picture of a stray cat with a fishing hook, complete with string, hanging out of his mouth. A veterinarian also found a hook, baited with cat food, in the poor animal’s stomach. Emergency surgery saved this cat’s life, but he suffered torn lips and gums, gangrene in his mouth, and a 106 degree fever.

The rescuer spotted two other cats with strings hanging out of their mouths, but she has been unable to catch them. The Plymouth police are investigating and they have not named any suspects. Sign below to demand that the person responsible for this heinous crime is prosecuted and punished.

PETITION LETTER:

Dear District Attorney Salavantis,

An unknown assailant is baiting stray cats with fish hooks containing cat food. This person is still at large and dangerous. I demand that justice be served in this case.

A rescuer with Happy Hearts and Tails Safe Haven Animal Rescue rushed a stray cat to the vet after he appeared to have ingested fish hooks. One hook clung to his lips and gums, the line still attached, and another was found inside his stomach. The cat endured intense pain and would have died if not for the quick actions of the rescuer and the veterinarian. He is not the only victim out there, though. Two other stray cats were spotted with similar lines hanging from their mouths and they are likely still suffering terribly.

The person who is setting these sadistic traps is clearly a danger to animals of all kinds. They must be stopped. I demand that you prosecute them and seek the maximum penalty in this case.

Photo Credit: Happy Hearts and Tails Safe Haven Animal Rescue

1. Janet Garraghan says:

How absolutely horrific! The suffering of these poor cats must have been horrendous and two cats are still out there, probably still suffering or dead. Whoever did this is a monster who must be caught and punished! They can’t be allowed to get away with this evilness! Please Ms Salavantis, I beg of you, act now to find and punish the culprit or you are complicit in this crime.

2. I’m so heartbreaking by this evil cruelty and torture to these poor cats … they are stray homeless cats and they’ve been lived very harsh tough life for surviving and this BASTARD HUMAN piece of SHIT tortured these poor stray cats!! What a demon evil heartless HUMAN TRASH they are !!!! Can you imagine of these cats suffering and hurting badly when they got hooked by fishing hook out of their mouth?!!! It’s horrible!! I feel SO VERY angry about this evil bastard who did this to these cats. He must be caught!!! I’m praying for that. We all care about innocence animals and there is NO right to killed and viciously tortured these voiceless animals by those evil HUMAN hands!!! Those animal ABUSERS need to be punished very HARSH way just like what they did to these poor cats. Yes, I agree, they can’t be allowed get away from this evilness!!!

3. Carolyn Taylor says:

Find the putrid wastes responsible for these atrocities to poor cats and punish them to the fullest extent of the sadly inadequate animal abuse laws, NOW!

4. Please do everything in your power to find the sick individual who abuses these animals. Prosecute this as a felony and never ever allow this individual to own an animal. Post their picture and name for all to see.

5. Linda Goby says:

Who the hell does this to animal! Very Cruel and ignorant loser!

6. Julian Dugan says:

Please have Plymouth Police investigators all efforts and finding this person.

7. Sick Fking Bastard! I read another post about someone shooting cats in Arkansas & pol saying it was an Inbred Redneck! Etc! So what’s this persons issue? Hes from the North! Both are sick in the head individuals! ANY ANIMAL ABUSER is SICK IN THE HEAD! I have 9 cats! ( just lost my oldest) so was 10! & if I EVER CAUGHT! someone hurting ANY of my Cats! Or Any Animal ide stick a size 12″ steeled toed boot up their asses! & beat them within an inch of their life!
    Theirs NO FKING EXCUSE for this shit! None!! I hope they catch whoever did this! I’m betting it’s someone located locally to where re the Cats were found. It never said if they lived in a Colony or if one was close by! Set up Game cameras in the location etc
    I hope the ASSHOLE IS CAUGHT

8. Debra Goldstein Lustig says:

THIS BASTARD DESERVES TO BE BAITED WITH FISH HOOKS AND FED TO THE SHARKS. PROSECUTE THIS SCUMBAG TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.

9. I seriously hate the human race and I pray for nuclear war everyday.

10. linda kagel says:

Please find the sick savage responsible for this pain inflicted upon innocent creatures. Please punish them good. What is up with tyis state. Just read how some place in pennsylvania is tortuting cows!

11. Carolyn Ecton says:

Stefanie A. Salavantis, District Attorney for Luzerne County, Pennsylvania; Is anyone accountable for finding the evil person who is doing this? YOUR community and the rest of the States would like to know this is being looked at seriously. Please!

12. Victoria Kirkland says:

UPDATE!!! He turned himself in!! Keep checking online to see if they get a good conviction.

13. I wish someone would put a gappling hook in that MFs mouth and hang him up and leave the scab to die. Force a whole bunch of hooks down his throat- used nasty ones.

14. Christopher Lang says:

And this is why I keep losing faith! This should not happen to any animal! They have no idea what is happening to them and why they are suffering! I honestly wish these horrible scumbags would just go away and die a horrible death! And if I’m wrong for saying that, then so be it!…I dont give a dam!

15. Torture this VILE EVIL SCUM to death NOW please

16. Teresa Zamalloa says:

Animal Cruelty Offenders Face Federal Fines and Imprisonment
    by Lindsay Savitzky ×

Animal cruelty is now officially banned across the United States, as President Trump has signed the federal document. The recognition of the link between cruelty to animals and crimes against humans played a major role in this ban. Thank those responsible for making the country safer for animals.